Menu
St. Andrew’s Church

St Andrew’s Church is the oldest Christian church in Kowloon area, financed by Sir Paul Chater with a $35,000 donation and designed by Alfred Bryer of Messrs Leigh & Orange in 1904. Bishop Hoare of Shing Kung Hui laid the founding stone, and construction was finished in 1906. In its over 100 years of history, apart from typhoon hazards, it has also suffered during Japanese occupation, when bishops were imprisoned, and the church changed into a Japanese Taoist Temple.

The earliest 3 buildings were of Gothic Revival architectural style, with red-brick wall, arched windows, curved grilles and stained glass. The Church has undergone many restorations, and received an Award of Merit from the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation in 2006. 

Opening Hours:
Address:138 Nathan Road,Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Telephone:2367 1478
Transportation:

Tsuen Wan Line
to Jordan station, Exit D.
Tsuen Wan Line
to Tsim Sha Tsui station,
Exit B1

barrier-free guideline